Friday, February 11, 2011

Vaccines and Tanzania

Well, today we made it through the vaccinations...alive. We will all be a little sore for the next few days. Some of us including myself were a little nervous, but God is good and the shots weren't that bad. I have a little bit of a fever from the shots and it came on quicker than I expected; however, not feeling very well actually made me realize how blessed I am. Those shots were a gift. If just that little bit gave me a fever what would it be like to contract the full blown disease over in Africa. So, today was definetely an example of how God is constantly looking after us.

On a little bit of a different note, I wanted to share about one of our previous meetings. Mrs. O'Neil came in and she and Mr. O'Neil shared all about the culture in Dar. I'm very intrested in other peoples and their culture so this was definetely a fascinating meeting for me. One of the things that struck me was Tanzanians cultural ideals as compared to ours. here in America we're very much focused on effeciency and individuality, but over in Tanzania they're more focused on relationships and community, thus the idea of "African time". You take the time to speak with or care for someone else rather than always worrying about the clock. There are so many more intresting things we learned, but I don't think that even hearing about them will quite compare to when we're being immersed in them.

Thank so much for your prayers! Please continue praying for us that God will prepare us to serve him cheerfully and also that we will be fearless when the opportunity arrises to share Him with others. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment