Thursday, February 10, 2011

Calling & Equipping

We had a great meeting today with the Tanzania group. It was great to hear Kaitlyn's heart and how God is working in her life . . . she shared a great devotional based on the book that we are reading . . . Out Live Your Life, by Max Lucado.

I am reading a similar book called The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns. . . fantastic book. I came across an anonymous quote embedded in this book that was a great encouragement to me this evening . . . it specifically pertains to our preparation for Africa.
"God does not call the equipped. He equips the called."
We have been talking about and eluding to the fact that we have fears and wonder what we have to offer on this trip. Kaitlyn did a great job today of bringing to light that we all have different gifts and how exciting it is to see how God has molded us together . . . we are becoming a great team that can accomplish great things for God.

I think this quote provides valuable insight for us though. We all do have gifts and talents that will add to the team. But more importantly than our gifts or strengths, is God's equipping. We all know at this point we are going to Africa because we have been called. God is going to equip us for his work . . . we really don't know how He is going to use us and what he will accomplish through us . . . so we really have no choice but to have faith that He will equip us.

I am becoming more and more aware of the fact that I need to move the focus from myself to God. God is convicting me that he did not necessarily call me because I was tall . . . or outgoing . . . or tall. He just simply called me to be obedient . . . and I can already sense the equipping that he is doing . . .I can sense the equipping of my heart.

Coach Freace

1 comment:

  1. Too often we don't see that he has equipped us. Too often we take for granted he has equipped us with what we need, we may not see it because we look too hard or at the wrong things. Take a breath, think about God giving what we need to do what he calls for, open your eyes and see the trees - not the forrest. Trust Him, use what He has given you,use the tools and knowledge to complete it.

    ReplyDelete