Thursday, April 7, 2011

Safari Pictures

We spent the last day and half at Mikumi National Park on safari. It was a good break to a pretty crazy and filled week. We are now back in Dar and off and running again. The girls are doing their homestays tonight after stopping at the Nuru Center . . . a center that works with handicapped women by providing work and shelter. An awesome ministry that I will allow one of the girls to blog about tomorrow. But for now, here is a small sampling of safari pics. I won't steal any stories of buffalo's surrounding us, elephants charging us or baboons spitting at us. Enjoy!

























1 comment:

  1. Hi Mike! I don't know if you remember me, but I taught French at Westminster from 1991-1996. I also live in Morogoro, Tanzania from 1966-1969 at the base of the Uluguru Mts. and I visited Mikumi game park many times. I attended a small stone Anglican church (St. James, I think) also in a residential area at the base of the mountains. At the time there were many churches of various denominations and several mission schools in the area - 1 Anglican and 3 Catholic. I understand that Wyciffe has a headquarters there today. Would love to see any photos of Morogoro or Dar-es-Salaam. When my father returned to Tanzania about 25 years ago, he said that many people had moved into the cities from the countryside. I pray that your trip continues to be a blessing! Julie Key (mother of Pamela Key '01 and Thomas Key '96)

    ReplyDelete