Monday, January 31, 2011

If our God is for us, then who could ever stop us?

As I was driving my sister and I to school today, the song "Our God" came on my iPod and I began to sing along, like I usually do. Then as the song began to end, and the bridge started playing, the words "And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us? And if our God is with us, then who can stand against?" started to mean something completely new for me. Since "Our God" is one of my favorite songs ever, I had heard it a million times yet this morning it meant something so much more. It was a reminder that if our God is with us and for us, then who, on this earth, could ever stop us? As April 1st comes closer and closer, I find myself getting more excited and yet more nervous as well. I am mostly nervous about the unknowns and the idea that I don't have full control over what will be happening. Yet,  none of us going do have full control over this trip or really over any area in our lives. As I prepare personally for the trip to Tanzania, I am going to lean on God's promise that He is in full control, all the time. His perfect and righteous Will will be done and my fellow team members and I must rest this promise, and only in Him will we find peace.
God Bless!
Haleigh Swierski

1 comment:

  1. Awesome stuff Haleigh! One of my favorite songs as well . . . powerful.

    ReplyDelete